When it comes to organizing your garage, you have many options. From shelving and hanging systems to cabinets and racks, there are countless possibilities for setting up an efficient storage system that works for your space. Here are some of the best garage storage ideas:
1) Shelves – If you need more vertical storage, consider adding shelves to your garage. You can purchase shelves in different lengths and widths, allowing you to customise your storage space. With so many options, how do you choose between shelves? Consider your storage needs, budget and level of versatility.
In terms of materials, you have the option of wood or metal shelves. Wooden shelves tend to be more affordable and are a popular choice due to their durability. For smaller items, adjustable plastic containers are also a great option.
2) Wall-Mounted Racks – These are great for storing items that don’t take up much room, like screwdrivers or small tools; they also make it easy to see what you have and access it quickly. You can buy wall-mounted racks that are already assembled, or you could build your own from wood or metal to fit your space.
3) Ceiling Storage – For larger items, such as bikes or ladders, consider using the ceiling for storage. You can use hooks, racks, or baskets to store items securely. This is a great way to make use of unused space and get things off the ground. Suddenly, large items are no longer taking up floor space and your garage can become more organized.
4) Over Bonnet Storage – In recent years, Australian over bonnet storage has become a popular way to store items in the garage; these storage solutions can be attached above your car bonnet and hold up to 50 kg of weight. This is an excellent way to store items such as golf bags, tools, or sporting equipment without taking up any floor space. As the name suggests, a large storage space sits over your bonnet (space that is otherwise wasted!).
5) Decluttering – Although it may not always seem like it, the first step in organising your garage is typically to declutter. Take out all of the items that you don’t use and sort them into categories. Anything that is broken or unusable should be thrown out, while things that are still usable can be donated. It’s also important to make sure everything has a place – if it no longer serves any purpose or can’t be used, let it go. Often, people find that they don’t need extra storage at all (they just need to tidy up!).
6) Deep Clean – Once the clutter is gone, you can begin to deep clean your garage. Start by sweeping out all the dust, dirt, and debris. Then clean any surfaces with a mild cleaner or degreaser as needed. Before adding any storage solutions, make sure everything is nice and clean.
When it comes to storage solutions for your garage, it’s important to start by decluttering and getting rid of all the stuff that is no longer serving any purpose. After that, deep clean the area before adding storage solutions. Then use smart organisation techniques and clever storage ideas to maximise your space. Finally, think outside the box and don’t be afraid to get creative with your storage solutions. All these measures together will help to keep a tidy garage – why not get started today?